Publish Site – yeah that’s the button which can cause you some serious failure in your live site if you don’t use this with extra care. What I mean to say is – if accidentally, a user hits the Publish Site, this can publish all the items from the content tree ( you might have items which are not supposed to go live). Not only this, if the content tree is large, this may cause a performance issue as well and of course, that will affect the end user. No one wants to make a bad impression on the audience of the site.
So, the million dollar question is – How can I hide/remove the Publish Site button for my users?
Well, I have got the answer in the next few lines.
Note- Publish Site is available in two locations, The Start Menu, and the Publish Menu in the content editor. So let’s do it-
- Login to your core database in Sitecore.
- Now, open the Security Editor either from start button or from the dashboard.
- Select the role “Sitecore Client Publishing” by clicking on the account button available on the top of the security editor window.
- To hide the Publish Site button from the start menu, Navigate to the
sitecore > content > document and settings > all users > start menu > left > publish siteitem in the left pane and remove the read permission from there.
- To hide the Publish Site from the publish menu in the content editor, Navigate to
sitecore > content > applications > content editor > menues > publish siteitem in the left pane and deny the read permission on this item.
One last not- The above steps will hide the Publish Site feature from your Sitecore instance for all the users except Admin users.